Upcoming 2019 Activities:
KCC has retained the Cooper Regel Firm to assist the KCC member businesses gather information and set recommendations. If you would like more information please contact the KCC at:
KCC believes that MTS (GNWT) are new to the barge business, and KCC recognizes their service as an important part of Kitikmeot business infrastructure for years to come. Some decisions were made this year which negatively affected Kitikmeot businesses: such as making unrealistic commitments, storing goods improperly in Inuvik, etc. MTS might want to amend their operating policies and insurance coverage for customers to clearly identify liability in the case of unforeseen events like early winter and damaged cargo. MTS should consider restitution to affected Kitikmeot customers, and display their goodwill to all MTS customers (NWT & NU), so that MTS can be trusted to provide solid reliable service in future years.
Official Communication from MTS:
-Click here for the MTS Website
- KCC organized community meetings for Cambridge Bay and Kugluktuk on October 3rd 6pm. Businesses in the .Kitikmeot with supplies on the cancelled MTS barge were asked to please contact the KCC at . with the following info:
1) Your name, business name, and contact details
2) The value of what was on the barge
3) The economic impact to you and your business
4) Did you get insurance?
Global News October 4th - Update from Nunatsiaq News
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. KCC makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, KCC does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional. By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.